La Sierra High School
Dear La Sierra Family,
Welcome back to La Sierra High School for the 2021-2022 school year. I hope you had a restful summer break and are ready to return to school. I am so excited to welcome you back for a more typical year. Last year was truly a defining moment for our students, staff, and families yet all of you embraced change and quickly adapted to the challenges of distance learning. When we welcomed students back on campus last March, I quickly learned that our students are simply amazing, resilient, and kind young adults. This has left me feeling hopeful and excited to plan an exciting new school year. Our goal will continue to be to develop well-rounded members of our learning community and society, through a nurturing environment, allowing our students to thrive and continue to be the best students in the district. The teachers and staff at La Sierra High School are committed to delivering a rigorous instructional program as well as prides itself in providing support for the socio-emotional needs of all students.
Students, as we continue to RISE as an Eagle family, I would like for you to know the following:
- All staff at La Sierra High School is committed to ensuring you have the necessary education and skills to be productive members of society. This includes ensuring you have the opportunities to complete the coursework required to enter into a college or university and also having a foundation to move into the workforce if that is the path chosen.
- ALL staff is here to support and encourage you to be a lifelong learner, to explore the various opportunities available beyond high school, and to grow as a person.
- ALL staff is here to ensure you are cared for and safe through the implementation of interventions and a positive lens. We are all here to serve you.
Parents, it is an absolute privilege to be able to work with your student(s) as the Principal of La Sierra High School. We appreciate you entrusting your students to us and we will do everything we can to make sure they are ready for college, career, and life. To help support both your student and La Sierra High School, please partner with us in your student’s education by assisting with the following:
- Ensure your student(s) participates in school every day
- Help your student plan and carry out a schedule for completing their homework
- Monitor student grades and attendance using the parent portal
- Communicate with your student’s teachers on a consistent basis
For the upcoming year, we ask that all members of our Learning Community walk through our doors with an attitude that will allow us to embrace and meet the challenges of academic excellence in a positive and nurturing environment.
Eagles, I am confident you will take ownership of your education and remember that you can find the support you will need on your educational journey here at La Sierra High School. Remember, success begins with you. We are all here to support, listen, and care for you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (951) 358-1725.
Dr. Tania Cabeza, Principal
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Footsteps2Brilliance TK-2 Summer Reading Program
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Footsteps2Brilliance TK-2 Summer Reading Program
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Social Media and Video Games
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Setting Up Learning Spaces at Home
7:30 AM - 12:30 PM DANCE SHOW Rehearsals 7:45am-12:30pm (Allen)