Routines Make Life Easier
How do you know the morning routine is a problem?
• The children and you are generally late
• Things like lunches, homework, and jackets are regularly forgotten
• Everyone is agitated
• There is lots of yelling, shouting and fighting
The following is advice from www.parents.com.
- Lay out clothes.
- Make lunch and leave it in the fridge.
- Sign permission slips, and write notes to the teacher.
- Pack backpack and leave it-and anything else that needs to go to school by the front door
- Get up 15 minutes earlier so you're not rushed.
- Serve a healthy breakfast.
- Give your child a to-do list (with pictures if he can't read yet) so you don't have to nag him to get dressed, brush his teeth, or make his bed.
- Keep the TV off.
- Give your child a big kiss before you say goodbye.