Engaging Scenario: California’s Drought
Task: California is currently in the greatest drought of its history, and there are no signs of it letting up in the immediate future. If we are to continue to thrive as a state, we must not only conserve what water we have, but also come up with new sources of fresh water. Now is the time for change!
You have been assigned by the City of Riverside to research new ways California can conserve and produce potable water. You will use this information to create a presentation to inform the public of your ideas. You will:
- Research at least three (3) ways Californians can conserve what water we already have
- Research at least three (3)ways California can increase its fresh water supply
- Use the above information to create a PowerPoint or Google Slide presentation to show at a city hall meeting. Your slides will include:
- A title slide that gives the name of your presentation as well as lists your name. It may include visuals (1 slide).
- At least one slide for each conservation technique that includes visuals and an explanation of how it works (3 slides minimum).
- At least one slide for each way to increase our fresh water supply that includes visuals and an explanation of how it works (3 slides minimum).
- A conclusion with visuals that explains what will happen if California does not make some changes in its water usage and supply (1 slide minimum).
- Any additional slides you feel will help make this a more effective presentation (number of slides varies from 0 - ?).