Routines Make Life Easier
School days don't have to be frustrating and difficult.
Set homework, nighttime, and morning routines to have happier and better mornings with your children.
The following is advice from www.parents.com.
- Lay out clothes.
- Make lunch and leave it in the fridge.
- Sign permission slips, and write notes to the teacher.
- Pack backpack and leave it-and anything else that needs to go to school by the front door
- Get up 15 minutes earlier so you're not rushed.
- Serve a healthy breakfast.
- Give your child a to-do list (with pictures if he can't read yet) so you don't have to nag him to get dressed, brush his teeth, or make his bed.
- Keep the TV off.
- Give your child a big kiss before you say goodbye.
Use this nighttime and morning routine checklist to teach your child what steps to take to get ready
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.