Welcome to 2020-2021 Distance Learning!
Welcome back Patriots! We are excited to start the 2020-2021 school year. Hybrid and Virtual Academy students may now access their course schedule in Aeries. Student course requests have been honored as much as possible; however, there have been many changes to course offerings and some courses are no longer available. In addition, course offerings at the Virtual Academy will differ from course offerings in the Hybrid model. Balancing student numbers will occur as needed for the first 6 weeks of school, so your student should expect that course changes may happen. Requests for course changes should be directed to our school counselors and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Requests to change a course for teacher or period preference will not be honored.
Please check your schedules on Sunday night/Monday morning. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we enter our school year with distance learning.
Use the following steps to ensure access to your classes on the first day of school. If you are having difficulty logging in, please call the school at (951) 358 -1695. If you need your student's Google Password reset, click here.
STEP 1: Sign-on to your Chromebook. On the day you receive your laptop, log onto your Chromebook (skip this step if you are using your own device)
- Connect your Chromebook to your WiFi
- When you turn on your laptop, enter your Alvord email address, then your password
- If you are a returning student, use your email and password from last year
- New students must follow the directions on the sheet titled: Villegas Google Email and Password
STEP 2: Sign into AERIES. On the day you receive your laptop, log onto AERIES Student Portal.
- Use the Chrome browser to go online to: https://alvord.aeries.net/student/LoginParent.aspx
- If you are a returning student, use your email and password from last year and skip to step 3.
- New students will need to follow the following steps:
- Log into AERIES https://alvord.aeries.net/student/LoginParent.aspx
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- You will be asked for your email, type in the email address you used to log into your computer (remember to include the @alvordschools.net in your email address)
- A link will be sent to your gmail account. To find your gmail, open a new tab, and in the upper right hand corner of your screen, find and click where it says “gmail”
- Open the email sent to you from Alvord@aeries.net and click where it says “click here”
- This will take you back to AERIES, click on the blue NEXT and follow the link to set a new password
- Click on “Return to Login Page” and log in with your email address and your new password.
- Make sure you can log onto your AERIES account, and if you need help logging in, contact the school at 951-358-1695 or email us at VillegasMS@alvordschools.org.
- Your schedule will be available by Monday at 7:30am
Step 3: On the first day of school, Monday, August 10th, at 7:45am, find your Google Classroom for your 1st period by following the steps below:
- Log onto your Chromebook
- Log into your AERIES Student Portal
- Click on “Visit Website” for your first period class.
- Class will begin at 8:00am
If you are having difficulty logging into your laptop or AERIES, please call the school at
951-358-1695 or email us atVillegasMS@alvordschools.org.