Intra-District Open Enrollment Requests
Q) When does the Intra-District transfer window open?
A) Application dates for:
- Grades 6 - 12 January 17, 2022 - February 18, 2022
- Grades TK - 5 February 21, 2022 - March 25, 2022
Q) How and when will I find out if the transfer was approved?
A) Notifications will be sent to the email listed on the transfer application starting the end of April/beginning of May with the approval or denial decision.
- Grades 6 - 12 April 4, 2022
- Grades TK - 5 May 9, 2022
Q) Will late applications be accepted?
A) Unfortunately, no.
Q) Can I request more than one school choice on the application?
A) No, only one school choice per student will be accepted.
Q) If the transfer is denied, is there an appeal process?
A) No, all decisions are final.
Q) What if I already have a student attending at the school I am requesting?
A) Every attempt will be made to place siblings at the same school within the capacity limitations of that grade at that school.
Q) How are decisions made?
A) Requests for placement will not be done on a first-come, first-serve basis; instead, placement will be decided using an unbiased random selection process and only if space is available at the requested school.
Q) If the request school is full, can you hold my application until there is an opening?
A) No, there are no waitlists.
Q) Do I need to renew the transfer annually?
A) If you live within the Alvord Unified School District attendance area, no. Once the application has been approved, that school will become your school of residence throughout that school level: TK-5, 6-8, 9-12
Q) Can the transfer be revoked resulting in my child returning to their original school of residence?
A) Yes, an INTRA-District transfer may be denied or revoked at any time for any of the following reasons:
- Student is excessively tardy/absent from school, or student is brought to school excessively early/picked-up excessively late
- Student fails to uphold appropriate behavior standards
- Student fails to make appropriate academic efforts
- False or misleading information was provided on the transfer application
- Reason for the original issuance of the transfer application is no longer valid
- Other conditions that occur that would render continuance inadvisable