Construction Skills Training
Learn new skills and prepare yourself for a career with excellent pay!
- Our 15 week pre-apprenticeship training course will prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a new career in the building and construction trades.
- Training topics include:
- Construction math and measurement
- Introduction to hand and power tools
- Introduction to blueprint reading
- Basic residential construction
- Workplace/Jobsite safety
- Communication and soft skills
- Job Readiness
- Eligibility Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Physically able to perform work:
- Stand, sit, bend, lift up to 50 lbs
- $50 materials/lab fee
Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-7pm at Norte Vista High School.