What is DELAC?
The DELAC is an advisory committee comprised of representatives from each school’s English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The role of the DELAC is to advise the Alvord Unified School District on programs and services for English learners.
As an advisory group, DELAC member duties include:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan.