Open Enrollment for all Classified non-management staff begins NOW and will run through 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 18!
Open Enrollment is your one opportunity to make a change to your benefits without first experiencing a qualifying event. Types of changes you can make include:
- Adding or Removing dependents
- Changing your medical or dental plan
- Enrolling in coverage after previously declining
- Declining coverage after previously enrolling (ONLY employees who work less than 7.25 hours per day are eligible to decline)
ALL benefits packages will be offered for the 2022-2023 plan year at NO COST to employees. Any changes made during Open Enrollment will go into effect December 1, 2022.
Important plan changes:
Effective 12/1/2022, Dental coverage will be offered via REEP (Delta Dental PPO, Anthem Dental PPO) or Delta Dental Direct (Delta Care USA DHMO). We are excited to announce the following enhancements:
- The Anthem Dental PPO plan network will change from the limited SISC Dental Health Network to the full Anthem Dental PPO Network
- The Delta Care USA DHMO plan will now include coverage for implants.
Unless you are making a change to your plan, only Anthem Dental PPO members will receive new ID cards. As always, your dental provider can use your social security number to verify tour coverage. PLEASE BE REMINDED: Dental annual benefit maximums reset January 1 of each year. The remaining value of your annual benefit will not change as a result of Open Enrollment changes.
This year, ALL staff MUST participate in Open Enrollment, even if you do not wish to make a change to your coverage. To do so, please complete and submit the following forms:
- ALL staff must complete the 2022-2023 AUSD Election Form
- If you are changing your medical plan OR adding/removing dependents, you must complete the Medical Change Form
- If you are enrolling in coverage for the first time, you must complete the Blue Shield Enrollment Form or Kaiser Enrollment Form, depending on your election
- If you are declining benefits (ONLY employees who work less than 7.25 hours per day), you must complete the Declination form
- For all dependent children, you must provide a copy of their birth certificate, adoption certificate, etc.
- For all dependent spouses, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate or certificate of registered domestic partnership AND a copy of the front page of your 2021 tax return identifying your marital status. If this is not available, you must complete and return the Marriage Affidavit.
If you have questions about insurance terminology or need help choosing the right plan, please take a look at our Benefits Basics at the following link: https://www.alvordschools.org/Page/13713 . Additionally, you can contact benefits staff for assistance at:
- Jessica Guerrero – 951-509-5011, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Byrd – 951-509-5085, email@example.com
- Amanda Benitez – 951-509-5083, firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE RETURN ALL FORMS BY 4:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18. FORMS CAN BE RETURNED VIA:
- District mail to “Benefits Department”
- Scan/email to email@example.com
- Fax to 951-509-6028