Alvord Virtual TB Screening
Information on Tuberculosis Screening;
California law requires that school staff working with children and community college students be free of infectious tuberculosis (TB). A TB risk assessment may be administered by a health care provider. If risk factors are identified, a TB test and examination must be performed by a health care provider to determine that the person is free of infectious tuberculosis.
Employee Virtual TB Screening
- A district nurse will be available to take appointments once a week, on Wednesdays from 1:00 – 3:00pm.
In order to qualify for the TB risk assessment, the following conditions apply...
- Cannot have history of positive TB test or TB disease
- Must have been born in one of the following countries.
- United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Western and North European countries
- Cannot have traveled, or resided in a country with an elevated TB rate for more than 1 month
- Cannot have had close contact to someone with infectious TB disease, during lifetime
If you are disqualified from the TB risk assessment based on the risk factors listed above, you must submit certification of a negative intradermal tuberculin test (Mantoux tuberculin skin test) or chest X-Ray from a qualified health care provider. Please contact human resources to determine next steps.
Alvord USD offers employees the option of a virtual screening with a district nurse. Please use your district email address to sign up (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click here to schedule Tuesdays on Calendly