Grades TK/K -12
- Diphtheria,Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, or DT) —5 doses; 4 are OK as long as one was given on or after 4th birthday* 3 OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV)— 4 doses; 3 are OK as long as one was given on or after 4th birthday*
- Hepatitis B—3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)—2 doses; must be given on or after 1st birthday*
- Varicella (Chickenpox)—2 doses
* Receipt of the dose up to (and including) 4 days before the birthday will satisfy the school entry immunization
California schools are required to check immunization records for students ages 4-6 years, upon advancement or admission into 7th grade, and for students transferring from out-of-state at any age. Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization.