TK & Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Transitional Kinder and Kindergarten Registration Begins March 13, 2017!
Transitional Kinder (TK) and Kindergarten (K) registration can be an anxious time for many parents, especially for first-time parents. The more prepared you are with the proper documents, the easier the process will be. Our elementary school personnel are there to assist parents with their questions and to help them get off to a good start.
Beginning March 13, 2017, parents can go to their home school to request a registration packet. If you don't know which school is your home school, our school staff will refer you to the correct location, or you may visit SchoolSite Locator webpage. The school will let you know when to return with the completed packet.
It is most important that your child meets the age requirements for starting school. If he/she turns five (5) on or before September 1, 2017, the starting grade will be Kindergarten (K). If the birthday is between September 2 – December 2, 2017, the starting grade will be Transitional Kindergarten (TK). Please be aware that the birthday cut off dates are State requirements and must be followed by school personnel.
Anyone in the family may pick-up a registration packet, but the parent/guardian must come to the school to process the registration. Be sure to bring the following paperwork with you:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of residence (gas or electric bill, current rental agreement, current mortgage papers)
- Proof of immunizations /shot records (including Tdap beginning in grade 6 of Middle School )
- A school entrance physical examination dated within six months prior to the start of Kinder or TK
- An oral health exam.
- A copy the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child receives Special Education services
- A language assessment test for bilingual students or non-English speaking students. For language testing appointments, call the Language Assessment Center: 951-509-5088.
School personnel will provide you with important information about TK/K camps and parent orientation to help prepare you and your little ones for school. These events are usually held before school starts and they are essential for parent and student success. We encourage you to register early so you don‘t miss out on any of the plans we have for you and your family as you begin these exciting years of schooling.
Please call your school to find out what their TK/K registration hours are and please mark your calendars for March 13, 2017!