Bus Pass Requirements
All Alvord Unified School District students riding Home to School buses will be required to use a bus pass. All school bus drivers must check for bus passes on a daily basis, AM and PM, for grades TK through 5.
Student ID cards are not a bus pass and will not indicate whether or not a student is a bus rider. All drivers must see a laminated bus pass with the student name, school and bus stop. The back of the card there will be a colored circle which will correspond with the color of bus the student rides.
All school sites will have the ability to issue ONE DAY temporary bus passes, only for those students who have lost their official bus pass. The One Day passes and coupons from those students who are coupon riders, must be collected by all drivers, torn in half and put into your pouches. At the end of each day, all passes collected in your pouches need to be turned into the Transportation office. The District Office will have the ability to issue a temporary bus pass for an extended period of time, if need be.
Students without a Bus Pass:
- Pick student(s) up and take them to school
- Call dispatch and have school site staff meet the bus
- Students without a bus pass will need to wait on the bus until site staff receives the student
- Ask student for their name and call name into dispatch
- Send student to site personnel in the loading zone
- Wait two minutes after the scheduled departure time, and if the student has not returned with a One Day bus pass, notify dispatch that you are departing the Loading Zone without the student.
Drivers who need to verify a student may call into dispatch. Dispatch will have the most current list of approved riders and their bus stop information.
Monday - Friday
5:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Phone: (951) 785-0122
Fax: (951) 785-8150
In case of emergency, collision, or breakdown call one of the numbers listed below.
Please include location, load size, and problem.
Office: (951) 509-6110
Maintenance and Operations
Office: (951) 509-5194 or (951) 509-5025
After Hours Security Numbers