School Bus Rules
Authority of Bus Driver
Pupils transported in a school bus shall be under the authority of and responsible directly to the driver of the bus, and the driver shall be held responsible for the orderly conduct of the pupils while they are on the bus or being escorted across the street, highway or road. Continued disorderly conduct or persistent refusal to submit to the authority of the driver shall be sufficient reason for a pupil to be denied transportation. A bus driver shall not require any pupil to leave the bus en route between home and school and other destinations.
School bus rules of conduct are established first and foremost to ensure that the student has a safe ride to and from home. The school bus is an extension of the classroom, and appropriate behavior is expected at all times. For those who are unable to follow the established rules, a series of sanctions may be applied that are appropriate to the offense.
Conduct and Safety Rules on the School Bus
- Obey all rules and instructions from the bus driver
- No cell phone use while on the bus
- Students may only use the bus stop that is assigned to them and indicated on their bus pass
- Bus passes must be displayed each time student enters the bus
- Students may talk quietly with the person seated next to them. Orderly behavior is required while aboard the bus.
- Students are to keep all parts of their body inside the bus at all times.
- No profane language, shouting, pushing, abusive body contact, horseplay, spitting, obscene gestures, hitting or any unnecessary noise that may distract the attention of the driver is allowed.
- No eating, drinking, gum chewing or smoking allowed at any time on the bus.
- Animals (i.e. birds, fish, reptiles, insects) breakable containers, skateboards, weapons, or any object that could be hazardous will not be transported.
- No spike or cleat shoes will be worn on the bus.
- California law requires a school bus with passengers aboard to stop al all railroad crossings. Students must maintain absolute silence when approaching and while stopped at the crossing so the driver can look and listen for approaching trains.
- Students must never open, close or tamper with any parts of the bus equipment or emergency exit.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY ONE OR MORE OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF BUS PRIVILEGE
First Student Transportation
Monday - Friday
5:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Phone: (951) 785-0122
Fax: (951) 785-8150
In case of emergency, collision, or breakdown call one of the numbers listed below.
Please include location, load size, and problem.
Office: (951) 509-5095
Maintenance and Operations
Office: (951) 509-5025
After Hours and Weekend Security Number