Citizen's Oversight Committee
COC Tel: (951) 509-6110
In November 2007, Alvord Unified School District successfully passed Measure H Bond for $196 million. The Citizen’s Oversight Committee (COC) has been formed in compliance with the Education Code and Proposition 39. The committee members are generally appointed by the School Board and volunteer their knowledge and time as a service to the community. The COC is comprised of nine (9) members of the community that include members of the following capacities:
- One member who is a business owner in the community and in a business organization representing the business community located within the District
- One member who is active in a senior citizen’s organization
- One member who is a parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District
- One member who is active in a parent-teacher organization (PTA)
- One member who is active in a bona fide taxpayer’s organization
- Four general members
The purpose of the Citizen’s Oversight Committee (COC) is to ensure accountability in the spending of Measure H funds as approved by the citizens of the community and to inform the public annually by issuing a written report concerning the expenditure of bond proceeds. The COC acts in an advisory capacity. It does not directly approve projects, funding or direct District staff.
- Review and report expenditures
- Review the progress of projects
- Prepare an annual written report
- Conduct open meetings which comply with the requirements of The Brown Act
- Make sure all documents and reports are available to the public via the internet website of the District.
Contact Admin Services
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (951) 509-6110
Fax: (951) 358-1508
Assistant to Director
9 KPC Parkway
Corona, CA 92879