Our amazing mathematics department has fully implemented the new Common Cores standards. This rigorous curriculum is focused on the 8 mathematical practices:
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Our students engage in inquiry-based learning and collaborative groups to solve real-life problems.
California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics: