La Sierra High School
Welcome La Sierra Family and New Eagles,
Welcome to La Sierra High School for the 2023-2024 school year. I am so honored to enter my fourth year as the proud principal of the best high school in Alvord Unified - La Sierra High School. We are so excited to have you here at La Sierra. I am hopeful and excited to plan an exciting school year for your student(s) and family. Our goal will continue to be to develop well-rounded members of our learning community and society, through a nurturing environment, allowing our students to thrive and continue to be the best students in the district. The teachers and staff at La Sierra High School are committed to ensuring your student not only graduates, but has multiple opportunities and options upon graduation including being A-G ready! This means we will be ensuring that your student is enrolled in courses that meet the A-G requirement so they are able to apply to California State Universities and the University of California system when they graduate.
For the upcoming year, we will also focus on the following site goals:
- Explore different bell schedules and options for the 24-25 school year
- Ensure that daily instruction for your student is fun and engaging
- Ensure that your student has the support and interventions necessary to be successful - we will continue to have a Scholar Center, Wellness Center, and College & Career Center
- Ensure that we offer fun school events and monthly enrichment activities
Families, we appreciate you entrusting your students to us and we will do everything we can to make sure they are ready for college, career, and life. This year we will be offering you more opportunities to engage in your student’s journey by providing you with more workshop sessions that include the Parent Institute for Quality Education (PIQE). To help support both your student and La Sierra High School, please partner with us in your student’s education by assisting with the following:
- Ensure your student(s) attends school every day & is on time
- Help your student plan and carry out a schedule for completing their homework
- Monitor student grades and attendance using the Aeries parent portal
- Communicate with your student’s teachers on a consistent basis
Eagles, I am confident you will take ownership of your education and remember that you can find the support you will need on your educational journey here at La Sierra High School. Remember, success begins with you. We are all here to support, listen, care, and love you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (951) 358-1725.
Dr. Tania Cabeza
Carta de bienvenida del director