Riverside City School System
The Magnolia District opened Alvord School in 1901. When the city became incorporated, the four school districts combined into a single Riverside City School system. The Magnolia Board of Trustees governed until 1907 when the school became part of the Riverside City School system. By this time, district records show, the area was still sparsely populated, as the school had one teacher and 22 pupils. In 1908, the Alvord area withdrew from the city and a separate Alvord District was organized.