Assessment Department Overview
The Assessment Department facilitates implementation of the Strategic Plan by providing thoughtful, directed, specific data and support to teachers, school sites, district departments, parents and community members.
Primary functions include:
- coordination of federal and state, college and career readiness, and locally–administered assessments
- support and assistance with the formative assessment process, including local interim and diagnostic assessments to support and inform instruction
- providing leadership in professional learning around the use of data and the development of assessment tools for all levels of administration
- provide ongoing support to sites as related to federal, state, college and career, and local assessments
- assists sites with administrative procedures and protocols of all assessments
- provides instructional support related to supporting student achievement
The multiple assessment opportunities constitute a vital component of an effective, well-balanced instructional program and support teachers’ ability to plan effectively, monitor student progress in standards-based instruction, and determine the efficacy of instruction and intervention matched to student need. This framework is grounded in the use of assessments to monitor student progress in standards-based instruction.