The Assessment Department facilitates implementation of the Strategic Plan by providing thoughtful, directed, specific data and support to teachers, school sites, district departments, parents and community members.
Primary functions include:
- coordination of federal and state, college and career readiness, and locally –administered assessments
- support and assistance with the formative assessment process, including local interim and diagnostic assessments to support and inform instruction
- providing leadership in professional learning around the use of data and the development of assessment tools for all levels of administration
- provide ongoing support to sites as related to federal, state, college and career, and local assessments
- Assists sites with administrative procedures and protocols of all assessments
- Provides instructional support related to supporting student achievement
The multiple assessment opportunities constitute a vital component of an effective, well-balanced instructional program and support teachers’ ability to plan effectively, monitor student progress in standards-based instruction, and determine the efficacy of instruction and intervention matched to student need. This framework is grounded in the use of assessments to monitor student progress in standards-based instruction.
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (951) 509-5055
Fax: (951) 509-6153
Director III, Ed. Services, (Assessment/Induction)
Data and Assessment Technician
4301 Ambs Drive
Riverside , CA 92505