Parent University consists of a series of classes that build parent capacity. Classes are designed to help you and your child grow academically and socially. It is our goal that these classes provide parents with the tools to help your children succeed both now and in the future.
Each class covers a different topic:
- Volunteering--Explore the many ways you can volunteer at Foothill and in the community.
- Communicating--Learn wasy to improve communication with your child.
- Learning At Home--Learn ways to support your child's academic success at home.
- Parenting--Learn tips, tools and strategies to help you implement positive discipline in your home
- Decision Making--Learn how school and district decisions are made and how you can be a part of the process.
- Collaborating with the Community--Learn about the many community organizations that are available to support your family
Translation and child care are provided.
Participants that attend 4 or more sessions will earn a "diploma" certificate at our graduation ceremony in April.
Parent University Dates
***All classes are on Thursdays at 8:15am in Room 25
- September 27
- October 24
- November 28
- January 31
- February 27
- March 20
- April 25--Graduation