Helpful Tips for New Students
For those enrolling to our school district.
Please note changes have been made to Registration
due to the COVID-19 School Closures.
Beginning, June 12th, registration for all NEW students will be completed on-line. Please continue to check the Alvord USD website and Alvord APP for updates on this process.
HOME SCHOOL: If you are not sure of your home school, please visit the School Site Locator web page.
To prepare for registration, please have the following documents ready:
- Name and address of prior school
- Verification of Birth (certified copy of birth record, statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, Baptism certificate, passport, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child's age)
- Proof of residence
- Utility service contract (City of Riverside/Edison) statement or payment receipts (current water, electric, or trash with the service address listed);
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts;
- Pay stubs (indicating parent/guardian/caregiver’s address);
- Voter registration;
- Government Agency correspondence;
- Declaration of Residency; or,
- Co-Residency Supplemental form.
- Proof of immunizations /shot records (including Tdap beginning in grade 7)
- An oral health exam
- Report of Health Examination for School Entry (which must be dated within six months prior to the start of kindergarten; or, eighteen months prior to the start of 1st grade)
- A copy the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child receives Special Education services
Home Language Survey
If your child’s first language is not English, a Language Assessment Center staff member will contact you to make an appointment for language testing. The Language Assessment Center is located at 9 KPC Parkway, 1st Floor, Corona. For language assessment questions or concerns please call (951) 509-5084.
If your child is coming to Alvord with an IEP, your first step is to contact the Special Education Department. Please call (951) 509-5045 or email the department here. Also, please visit the Special Education web site here for an overview, program details, and contact information. If your child is coming with a 504 Plan, GATE notification, or a Dual Language Immersion letter of acceptance, or other specialty programs, please provide that information to your school site prior to the beginning of the school year or as soon as possible.
Expelled from Another District
If your student has been expelled or is under a current expulsion order from another school district, please contact Student Services (951) 509-5139 for assistance.