Helpful Tips for New Students

For those enrolling to our school district.

  • New Enrollees:

    You must bring the following information to your child’s school of residence:

    • Proof of residence/address verification (see below);
    • Name and address of prior school;
    • Immunization records;
    • Verification of Birth (certified copy of birth record, statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, Baptism certificate, passport, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child's age), if student is: 1) entering kindergarten; 2) from out of state; or, 3) the student is entering the public school system for the first time; and,
    • Report of Health Examination for School Entry (which must be dated within six months prior to the start of kindergarten; or, eighteen months prior to the start of 1st grade).

    Home Language Survey:

    If your child’s first language is not English, please schedule an appointment for your child to take the Home Language Survey by contacting the Language Assessment Center (951) 509-5088

    Proof of Residence/Address Verification:

    Submitted documents must be current (within 45 days) and must include the name and address of the parent/guardian/caregiver or the owner/ renter.

    • Utility service contract (City of Riverside/Edison) statement or payment receipts (current water, electric, or trash with the service address listed);
    • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts;
    • Pay stubs (indicating parent/guardian/caregiver’s address);
    • Voter registration;
    • Government Agency correspondence;
    • Declaration of Residency; or,
    • Co-Residency Supplemental form.

    Special Programs:

    If your child was in any special programs, prior to moving to Alvord, please be sure to bring a copy of your child’s transcript, IEP, 504 Plan, GATE, etcetera, with you to registration.

    Expelled from Another District:

    If your student has been expelled or is under a current expulsion order from another school district, please contact Student Services (951) 509-5139 for assistance. 


    • Please complete and sign all registration material before registration date.
    • Provide at least two contact names with current/valid phone numbers.
    • Proof of TDAP immunization is required of all Alvord USD continuing incoming 7th graders; and, required of all new-to-Alvord USD 7th-12th graders. 
    • If you are registering a student and you are not the student’s biological parent, your first step, in
    • the registration process, is contacting Child Welfare and Attendance (951) 509-5032.