Degrees and Certifications:
M. Ed, emphasis in School Counseling, CBU B.A. Social Work, CBU PPS Credential Single Subject Teaching Credential
Mrs. Tricia McDougall
Hello Lake Hills Hawks!
My name is Tricia McDougall, and I am excited to be your School Counselor here at Lake Hills! Born and raised here in Riverside, I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Masters in Education with an emphasis in School Counseling, and PPS Credential from California Baptist University. I have worked in the education field as a teacher and Education Specialist for 20 years before coming here to Lake Hills. I look forward to working with all of our students, parents and staff here to help each and every one of our students fulfill the Alvord promise: All students will realize their unlimited potential.
This page provides you with the information about the School Counseling program; upcoming counseling-related activities and events; and counseling topics and resources. I believe a partnership with the parents is of utmost importance to help our students reach their goals and achieve success. For this reason I encourage you to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. I’d love to hear from you.
As your student’s elementary school counselor I offer the following services:
- Individual Short Term Counseling
- Focused Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Parent Consultation and Community Resource Connection
- Teacher/Staff Collaboration
I can help your students with...
- Making and keeping friends
- Setting goals for academic success
- Working with others
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Managing your feelings (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
I can help parents with...
- Exploring ways to help your student succeed in academic, career, personal and social development
- Improving parent-child communications
- Providing referrals for community resources
- Office Hours: 8:00am-3:00pm
- Meetings may be set up by appointment.
- Phone: (951) 358-1620
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Online referral form in link to the left