Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Sociology, CBU M.S. in School Counseling, CBU PPS Credential
Ms. Justine Jackson
Hello Lake Hills Hawks!
My name is Justine Jackson, and I am excited to be your School Counselor here at Lake Hills Elementary! Riverside is home to me as I was born and raised here and attended California Baptist University for both my undergraduate and graduate education. I received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology and then a Master of Science in School Counseling and PPS Credential from California Baptist University. I have always had a passion for serving and advocating for others especially within education and to do that for young children now is what I believe to be my purpose and joy. I look forward to working with all of our students, parents and staff here within our Lake Hills community to help each and every one of our students fulfill the Alvord promise: All students will realize their unlimited potential.
This page provides you with the information about the School Counseling program, services that I provide, upcoming counseling-related activities and events, and counseling topics and resources. I believe in a strong partnership with parents through collaboration and clear communication and will make it a priority to maintain this partnership to help each student reach their individual and unique goals to achieve success. For this reason I encourage you to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns as I am here to serve and be of aid to you and your student.
As your student’s Elementary School Counselor I offer the following services:
- Individual Short Term Counseling
- Focused Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Parent Consultation and Community Resource Connection
- Teacher/Staff Collaboration
I can help your students with...
- Friendship skills (Making and maintaining healthy relationships)
- Setting goals for their academic success
- Working well with others
- Feeling good about themselves (Building a positive self-image and self-confidence)
- Adjusting to a new school
- Emotional management skills (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
I can help parents with...
- Exploring ways to help your student succeed in academic, career, personal and social development
- Improving parent-child communications
- Providing referrals for community resources