Partners in Education
The school and home must work cooperatively to ensure the best possible education for our students. Teachers, counselors, and administrators are available to provide you with information and assistance in attaining the goal of a quality education for your child. Being informed and involved parents improves the quality of education and learning for our students.
Additional ideas on how to be a partner in your child's education:
- Meet with personnel involved with your child's education: teachers, counselor, principal
- Request a conference with your child's teachers and/or counselor
- Know the school rules and regulations and discuss these with your child
- Become a member of the Alvord High School School Site Council and/or English Learner Advisory Committee
- Require your child to study and complete school work at home during a specific time each day
As parents, you must insist that your child earn credits and has positive attendance. The staff is here to assist you. Please email or call (951) 358-1715 for assistance from your child's teacher(s) or counselor.