Welcome to Arizona Middle School
Arizona Middle School provides guidance and counseling services to all students. There are currently three counselors available to address the academic, personal/social, and developmental needs of every child attending school. Our goal is to promote and enhance the academic, personal/ social, and post-secondary development of all students allowing them to make informed educational decisions. Arizona counselors focus on guiding students to develop positive work habits, explore college and careers, enhance self-esteem, and build mature communication and relationship skills.
At Arizona, our counselors support students as they transition from elementary to middle school and from middle school to high school. Our counselors provide a wide range of services in the school and community, including, but not limited to:
• Direct counseling services to students individually and in groups.
• Support students in developing an individual plan for academic success.
• Provide education and support services to students and parents.
• Work collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
• Provide college and career awareness, exploration, and planning services.
• Collaboration and coordination of more in-depth services needed through community based agencies.
As counselors we believe in providing access to learning experiences that promote a high quality of life. We look forward to working with you and your student(s) this year!
**Please view the Arizona Counseling Website for More Information:
Mrs. Zamora, Mrs. Llamas, and Mrs. Esparza