Action Team for Partnerships
All schools in the National Network of Partnership Schools (NNPS) use an Action Team for Partnerships (ATP) to organize and sustain a program of school, family, and community partnerships. With an ATP, teachers, administrators, parents, community members, and others can work together to connect family and community involvement with school improvement goals. The ATP in each school aims to:
- Create a welcoming school environment for families
- Engage families and the community in ways that support student achievement and success
What is an Action Team for Partnerships?
The ATP is the “action arm” or committee of the School Improvement Team or School Council. Although the ATP members oversee the school's partnership program, other teachers, parents, students, administrators, and community members also may lead family and community involvement activities.
What does an Action Team for Partnerships do?
Each school's ATP will conduct the following activities:
- Write a One-Year Action Plan for Partnerships (see definition) with activities linked to selected goals in the School Improvement Plan
- Integrate all family and community involvement activities conducted by teachers and school groups in the One-Year Action Plan for Partnerships
- Recruit and recognizes other teachers, parents, community members for leadership and participation in family and community involvement activities
- Implement, coordinate, publicize, and oversee the planned involvement activities
- Monitor progress, assess the strengths and weaknesses of implemented involvement activities, document results, and resolve problems
- Report progress to the School Council (or School Improvement Team) and to the faculty, PTA/PTO, local media, and other groups
- Replace departing ATP members
- Continue improving the school's program of family and community involvement
Erica Ferris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Susan Perez, Counselor
David Fleischer, Teacher
2022-2023 Meeting Dates
All Meetings are on Thursdays at 315pm.
October 6th (2pm meeting)