Student Study Team
Students, families, teachers, counselors, and administrators work in partnership to provide resources for students with academic and/or behavior needs. The team offers a variety of educational strategies to maximize student success.
Flow of Student Study Team Process
- Pre-referral meeting: Teacher requests a meeting with the team to discus interventions to use before a referral is made.
- Teacher Interventions: Teacher designs and documents any interventions made for the student.
- Teacher Referral: Teacher completes the “Request for Student Study Team Meeting” and “SST Student Intervention Log”.
- Schedule Meeting: SST meeting is scheduled with grade level team, parents, student, and Student Study Team.
- Schedule Meeting: Notify grade level team and parent of time and date of meeting for student. (Provide parents a SST Tri-fold, which includes time/date of meeting).
- Conduct Meeting: SST Summary Form is completed to include interventions made for student.
- Schedule Follow- up Meeting: An informal meeting will be held after one month by a representative of the SST (include notes of conversations in students file). A three-month follow up will be scheduled for the complete team (including teachers).
- Follow-up: Conduct a follow-up meting and complete the “SST Follow-up Form”