Secondary Workshop Day 4
Click here for presentation materials.
Click here to apply for Intel ISEF Public View Day: Grants are available for buses or subs.
Secondary Feedback form for Day 4
Click here if you are interested in being a judge for the Riverside County Science Fair on March 28th.
The California Department of Education (CDE) is interested in receiving feedback from you about the information that has been provided to local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools about the plan for assessing science this spring and beyond.
This survey below should take less than five minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your participation.
NSTA Conference Registration OPEN
Intel ISEF LA Convention Center May 13th Week
Riverside County Science Fair 3/28
Welcome to Day 2 of our NGSS workshop series!
Professional Learning Goals:
• Review the 5 E instructional model lesson sequences as a pedagogical component of NGSS instruction.
• For a performance expectation(s), identify a possible performance task that would assess student learning around the performance expectation(s)
● Review grade level or subject area instructional sequences in the California State Framework Instructional Sequences
● Using a planning tool, take a look at the NGSS Unit of instruction to create Lesson Sequences that connect to Unit.
● Plan a literacy component and connect them into the learning cycle that integrates the three dimensions of the NGSS.
8:00 am Welcome and Registration
8:30 am Overview: Looking Back to Move Forward
Our Journey through the NGSS Innovations
The 5 E Instructional Sequence Model
9:00 am Designing an NGSS Lesson Sequence, part 1
Inquiry Based Learning
Identifying the Planning Tools
Draft California State Framework Instructional Sequences
11:30 am Lunch
12:30 pm Designing a Lesson Sequence, part 2
Planning a 3D Lesson Sequences that enriches the
instruction of the NGSS Unit
2:30 pm Closure, Debriefing and Evaluation Click here for Secondary Feedback form
ELEMENTARY Welcome to Day 2 of our NGSS workshop series!
- Review/discuss homework from September session (CER introduction and ELA units)
- Looking at students’ work for “how strong is a bag of air?”
- Develop CER expectation framework for each grade level
- Review instructional sequences from CS Science Framework and develop a plan for the creation of 2 mini-units
Thank you for your participation!
Welcome to our first Alvord NGSS workshop of 16-17.
These workshops will be held at the Alvord Professional Development Center (PDC). Coffee, tea and water will be available. Lunch will be one hour on your own. The PDC has a microwave and refrigerator available for your use.
The PDC is located at:
7377 Jurupa Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504
Click on the following links: