Alvord Unified School District is proud to offer all teachers and students a district-managed Google Apps for Education (GAFE) account. The use of GAFE is voluntary and all students will require parent consent. This process will be initiated by the student’s teacher. Please contact the school or teacher for more information about requesting a student GAFE account.
What is Google Apps for Education (GAFE)?
Google Apps for Education is a hosted service that can be accessed from any technology connected to the internet. It is designed specifically for use in education and the applications are different than what is provided from public Google applications (such as Gmail) in that they are managed by the district and allow for greater filtering, advertisement blocking and application control by Alvord's system administrators.
Who can get a GAFE account?
All students and staff are able to request a Alvord GAFE account and used according to the acceptable use guidelines. For Alvord staff, please contact IT if your account has not been created.
Why Google Apps for Education?
There are many benefits of using Google Apps for Education:
- GAFE is offered to educational institutions at no cost
- Efficiency and workflow for collaboration and sharing of learning
- Accounts are accessible from any device, in any location, so long as an internet connection is available
- Powerful connecting for students and educators together to work on projects
- Having work online reduces paper use and waste and streamlines workflow
- Education accounts have unlimited storage capacity in Google Drive, and offer access to tools such as Google Classroom, which are unavailable to public/regular Google accounts
- Additional sharing settings within the Education domain means safer access to shared files and work
- Find out more at Google Apps for Education Website
Contact Information Technology
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (951) 509-5050
Help Desk: (951) 509-5180
FAX: (951) 509-6050
Director of Integrated Technology Support Services
Assistant to the Director
9 KPC Parkway
Corona, CA 92879