I hope my messages continue to find you in good health and spirits. As we enter the final week of January, I must continue to stress the importance of stopping the spread! Over the previous three weeks, Norte Vista has experienced several days of high absences affecting both students and staff. Such days continue to affect the campus when it comes to teaching and learning. As a community, it is vital that we each continue to emphasize the importance of following all COVID protocols, in order to help "STOP the SPREAD!"
In order to help stop the spread and keep our campus open, we need our families to health screen each and every morning before sending your students to school. Students with any of the following symptoms should stay home from school until a negative COVID test can be confirmed and the symptoms improve:
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or chills
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell that started in the last 10 days (Children may say that food “tastes bad” or “tastes funny”)
- Feeling out of breath or having a hard time breathing
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Muscle aches or body aches
Remember, Norte Vista High School is a community resource, and to keep this community resource open and serving our students, we must do everything in our power to stop the spread of COVID-19.