La Sierra High School offers a unique Health Career preparation program. The goals of the Health Career Academy are to prepare our students for employment in the health care industry by exposing students to careers in health care and biomedical technology, equipping students with skills that make them employable, and a strong college preparatory background.
Health Academy students will receive unique opportunities including
- field trips to colleges/universities
- participating in mentor activities with professionals in the Health Care Industry
- college course credit for certain classes in the academy
- exposure to biomedical lab science equipment and medical technology including virtual dissections tables and automated SIM people.
- an internship at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Riverside during the senior year (embedded into the regular school day).
- student leadership positions
- annualy reviewed and updated biomedical curriculum
- participation in HOSA, an in an international student organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Education (HSE) Division of ACTE.
- community involvement through the City of Riverside and our program partners: Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, the Riverside County Office of Education—Regional Occupations Program, Riverside Community College, University of California, Riverside, and the Riverside University Health System
Welcome to La Sierra High School's
Health Careers Academy