McKinney Vento Act defines “homeless” as an individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Goals for the Alvord Foster Youth and Homeless Education Program (FYHEP)
- Identify the educational, physical, social needs of foster and homeless youth
- Remove barriers to academic success for McKinney-Vento eligible students by providing needed supplies such as backpacks, school supplies, clothing, transportation, etc.
- Determine gaps in education and provide support services directly and indirectly through referral to collaborate community resources
- Improve student academic achievement and reduce student truancy, dropout rates, and delinquent behavior
- Provide advocacy to promote the best interests of foster and homeless youth in the Alvord Unified School District so that all students reach their unlimited potential.
Contact Foster Youth
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 pm.
9 KPC Parkway
Corona, CA 92879
Thank you to our Community Partners & Resources
Alvord Education Foundation
American Red Cross
City of Riverside
Feed the Children
Karol Kares Nancys Here
Kiwanis Club of Riverside
La Sierra University Community Services
Office of Councilman Jim Perry
Assembly Member Sabrina Cervantes
Operation School Bell
Path of Life
Pay It Forward With Love
Riverside County of Education
Riverside Community College
Riverside Unified School District
Schools First Federal Credit Union
Wells Fargo Bank