NGSS Workshop Day 2
Welcome to Day 2 of our NGSS workshop series!
Professional Learning Goals:
• Review the 5 E instructional model lesson sequences as a pedagogical component of NGSS instruction.
• For a performance expectation(s), identify a possible performance task that would assess student learning around the performance expectation(s)
● Review grade level or subject area instructional sequences in the California State Framework Instructional Sequences
● Using a planning tool, take a look at the NGSS Unit of instruction to create Lesson Sequences that connect to Unit.
● Plan a literacy component and connect them into the learning cycle that integrates the three dimensions of the NGSS.
8:00 am Welcome and Registration
8:30 am Overview: Looking Back to Move Forward
Our Journey through the NGSS Innovations
The 5 E Instructional Sequence Model
9:00 am Designing an NGSS Lesson Sequence, part 1
Inquiry Based Learning
Identifying the Planning Tools
Draft California State Framework Instructional Sequences
11:30 am Lunch
12:30 pm Designing a Lesson Sequence, part 2
Planning a 3D Lesson Sequences that enriches the
instruction of the NGSS Unit
2:30 pm Closure, Debriefing and Evaluation Click here for Secondary Feedback form
ELEMENTARY Welcome to Day 2 of our NGSS workshop series!
- Review/discuss homework from September session (CER introduction and ELA units)
- Looking at students’ work for “how strong is a bag of air?”
- Develop CER expectation framework for each grade level
- Review instructional sequences from CS Science Framework and develop a plan for the creation of 2 mini-units
Thank you for your participation!